Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ahoy! It's a Boy!

After the wedding I was experiencing planning withdrawals. I had no clue what to do with all my free time and constantly found myself on the knot stalking other weddings and forcing my help on others. During this low point, I received an exciting phone call from one of my cousins.
Kelsey told me that she was PREGGERS!!!!!

Now let me tell you a few things about Kelsey...
Kelsey also has an obsession with all things preppy and nautical. In fact, I think her soon to be baby boy will only wear nautical/preppy outfits. In a family with 30 cousins, there are four of us girls that are all about the same age. We call ourselves MACK (Morgan, Alison, Courtney, and Kelsey) and we are like sisters. These three girls were my MOHs.

Anyway Kelsey and I made a pact that we would plan each others showers because we have such similar taste. But let's be honest, the fact that I am unemployed and without a child is probably the main reason. Morgan, Courtney, and myself are hosting, but I am the one who needs to make it happen. This baby boy is coming May 18th. (According to the doctors. It really is his decision though, isn't it?) Kelsey picked the date of March 28th for her shower. That leaves me a little over 6 weeks to git er done.

And now that Kelsey is going from this:

To this:
It is time to get this planning started! The following pictures are my inspiration for the shower.

Nothing says nautical like navy, yellow and white. P.S. How delicious does that cake look? And the dress? I love it! Actually, I love this whole group of photos!

Grosgrain ribbon around the napkins and rock candy.
Tastefully Entertaining

Love the centerpieces here.

Again with the grosgrain ribbon this time with the baby safety pin.
I am not sure where I found this so let me know if it is yours and I will give you credit.

I am determined to make these building block cakes made by the fabulous Martha Stewart.


Originally I wanted to make these invitations, but to my dismay I found out that my printer doesn't print white ink. From this group I also love the napkins and of course,
the life preserver!
finestationery's photostream

I am in love with these little sailboats, but my family members all have one from my wedding soo unfortunately this group of photos is really just for color inspiration.

Um... how adorable are these?

Okay so the rest of these pictures are just some that I gathered together before we knew the sex of the baby and before I knew what Kelsey really wanted.






This post wouldn't be complete without a planning bio for the shower, so here it is:

Let me know what you think so far! I will be back with photos of the invitations I have made.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just stopping by to thank you for following my blog. Love the nautical shower idea!

    ReplyDelete