Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear Barbie, I hate you! xoxo, Ali

Can we talk about the Christian Louboutin Barbie?
Leave it to Barbie to show little girls what they can't have.

Firstly, the body... those long spidery legs... totally not fair. I am fine with not having boobs, but having long legs would allow me to be at eye level with others and I think that would be nice.

The clothes! It is not socially acceptable to wear princess dresses all the time. Thank you for allowing me to believe so. I have tried and it is not. Just ask my husband...

Welcome home honey! No I did not clean... I watched tele and searched for jobs all while wearing my wedding dress.

Then the dream house and the sweet car. If I could have an all pink house and car and my husband would be okay with it then believe me I would. Has anyone ever wondered what Ken thinks?

And now custom Christian Louboutins! WTF?


Now I don't mean to sound bitter... I will always love Barbie. (Except that fact that she has 10 million professions and I can't even get a job.) But why does she have to keep popping up (net-a-porter and Perez Hilton) and showing us grown ups that she is just that much cooler.
All photos are from Toys R Us minus the Christian Louboutin one.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha SO TRUE. I would definitely trade my boobs for the long spidery legs. As we are about at the same altitude in life, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete